Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Just for a bit.

   Apparently, today is just like any other. Well, maybe not. This is the first and last day of my final exam, which i think somehow  i would make through. Just before my test, it was hectic, sporadic, so to speak. I didn't study a cinch during the day fearing that i might get a mental block. As i departed my house and went for school, there were a lot of roadblocks along the way (both literal and figurative), having myself  blanked out on what to do next. I got to school and went on to take the exam, which still somehow affects me as of this moment. Some of it that i didn't get to review actually appeared on the paper. I was beating the crap out of myself mentally hoping that i might write something useful on the booklet. Honestly, i wasn't the best when it comes to math. Ironically, i do love it a lot. Somewhere over this thick skull of mine, i'm pretty certain that even though i wasn't an A-student, i'm pretty much attuned to my basic arithmetic. Well enough of myself. Even days before everything else was gonna end, i planned out to go to Chinatown some of these days. We actually did. Actually, Kyle and Hazel went to school so we could meet up and go to Binondo after my test. I could've had ourselves ride the LRT, but yeah, we rode the jeep instead. It was pretty noisy and traffic was all over on the way to lunch. Eventually, after departing from Carriedo, we took a long hike to the Ark of Goodwill in Binondo. I wasn't familiar of the place, but i'm pretty sure it isn't that far from the train station. After a few leads from the good people of China town, we finally arrived at La Zhou Lamien just in time for lunch. The food was great, there was entertainment provided by the noodle-cutting chef guy and there was tea to boil it down. Churches and weird places, i think those were the highlights of the trip. After Binondo, we went to Hidalgo to check out old cameras and do a little window shopping (more for me). There was a lot of stuff going there, people selling food and tiangge clothes in almost every directon of that place. To end the day, we went to Quiapo church to cool ourselves because it's much cooler inside. After that, we went inside the SM outlet store because we were longing for a much cooler place. I told Kel and Hazel that i loved Kesha's new song, well i really do. Thanks for posting that one Kel :-bd

   After that trip, i went on the day by meeting up with my buddy in high school at Katips. Damn, it's only been 3 months since we last hung out. Nah, it felt like 6 months since there were a lot of stories and plans to talk about during this evening. We went for a drinking pub near Ateneo, so it is called "Drew's". There were a lot of people that time, mostly college students from the universities/colleges along katips. I guess they're pretty much having fun as much as we do. We're not only swapping stories on how things go for the past couple of months, but, we made sure that this is gonna be the time that we'd make up as buddies.

   The ride way to home was hell because there isn't any jeep or taxi that can get us home for that moment. I guess, if it wasn't for those late maintenance checks by MW, it shouldn't have taken us an hour just to get by a regular 10-min traffic. Our legs were somewhat beat since we had walked a couple of miles from Ateneo up to Anonas.

 The next thing that we're gonna push this Friday hopefully goes well.





4 comments:

  1. Ayun! La Zhou Lamien kinda sounds French. HAHAHA!:))

    No problem, I like it too. :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh hey Noikee! You're on to the blogspot bandwagon too now huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha. Hi Pau! :D I'm trying to write a few blogs about anything that comes up to my noggin. And yeah, i'm starting to get the hang of it. :)

    Happy holidays Pau! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, It's chinese kasi! :)) lol

    ReplyDelete