Friday, January 28, 2011

The new lazy me.

Hello everyone and yes, this is 2011. I have a lot of catching up to do with blogspot and i don't know how to  start it exactly. But yeah, here it goes.

Before january started out as a month, i already cut off some of my old habits like staying up late for facebook and too much eating. The facebook, i terminated mine permanently because there are a lot of things that i didn't like about it. I find these days of the month pretty catchy, like a box of chocolates, because you'll never know what you're gonna get. Yeah, so much for Forest Gump. I look for things right now that gives a clearer definition in what i do, ergo, i study my strengths.

Recently, i read that a lot of people have been studying about weaknesses of people. It sounds more of a psychiatric approach rather than doing it in a more subtler manner. By subtle, what i meant to say was, why don't they use an approach that studies the motivation of people. In that way, they could extract better aspects of the personality and  define it in the most positive note.

I read a couple of books, but i don't finish really them. That's how lazy i am when it comes to staring at the text for long hours. But there was one book that need not to be read entirely because it's like an info material. This book was the strengths finder 2.0. Our prof in the majors class introduced us to the text promising us that we would find a part of ourselves once we get started taking the test and reading some of the contents of the book.

After doing what he told us, i got my top 5 strengths. The thing is, there is a lot of it that i don't really get at all.

And oh, these were my strengths which was extracted after i finished the strengths test.

Top5

Harmony- i surround myself with sound and trustworthy people (It doesn't ring a bell)
Adaptability- i let the future unravel at its own pace
Command- it says that i'm aware of the way things really are
Restorative- I search opportunities to improve myself (That's one of my new year's resolution)
Communicative- "Gaining and maintaining people's attention pleases you" (A little bit)


I somehow only relate to 1 or 2 of my strengths, the rest is yet unseen. The test clearly told us that it wasn't by default that they have ready-made suggestions, just like in most psychology tests. The results here simply defines on how you react on the questions, without thinking too much about it. I guess it's pretty much about intuition. These things, as what my prof/mentor told me, "it doesn't manifest that easily unless you find a way to see these things in you". Umm, yeah. One thing i know about myself is that i'm extremely shy. I'm not used to confront people i don't know or i might know in this daily basis. I find it pretty ironic because here i am, enrolled in the Entrepreneurship program. People like entrepreneurs are one of the most sociable animals in the book and people write stories and books about them. Ugh. I see that it's gonna be tough for me as i become one in the near future. But here is the real deal. What really defines me is my ability to adapt in the most MFcuk-ing situations. I get beaten down, i stand up, and do what i have to do. I think that's what i love doing. Most people are in the process of finding out what they love to do. It's a very rigorous one, but its worth to wake up everyday doing what one loves to do. As an aspiring entrepreneur, I'm doing the way that isn't just written by books, but also on how i react into things and get them done.

The thing about life right now, i love it. It just keeps on getting better and better. And it's pretty weird in my position to say that because as a matter of fact, this trimester is one of the hardest and one of the most unpredictable. It's not that my subjects are unimaginable to deal with, but it's really a box of assorted chocolates. (Forest!)

I say to my girlfriend that i sometimes feel lost ( i don't know why) and feel so much better after i get to hold her hand and do some cheesecake stuff.

I love how things roll, simply unpredictable. :)









Smiles (c) 2010

2 comments:

  1. Noikee! You read my entry pala :) well yeah I'm interested in Biomedical engineering and I believe it will make me rich, nuff said. Haha! So I see that you're still into photography huh? That's really cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, i am. Thanks Pau. It's more than a hobby for me right now. I better strap on my belt because it's gonna be a long hard drive :D I'm happy that we know what we really want to do in the future.

    And it really feels good when you're getting rich by doing the things you love everyday for the rest of your life. :)

    ReplyDelete